The Town of Centreville is a customer-focused local government.
The Town offers an attractive salary and benefits package and pleasant working conditions in the County Seat of Queen Anne’s County on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
Human Resources Department Contact
Krystel Ebaugh, HR Manager
101 Lawyers Row
Centreville, MD 21617
THE TOWN OF CENTREVILLE IS CURRENTLY SEEKING TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Economic Development Manager
The Town of Centreville is seeking an Economic Development Manager to provide the necessary skills and experience to sustain, strengthen and expand the overall economic growth and development for the Town of Centreville MD in accordance with the Town’s current and future strategic plans. This part time contractual position will work collaboratively with the Centreville Economic Development Authority (CEDA), Main Street Manager, Centreville Town Council and other Town staff to identify and implement economic development initiatives to achieve the goals for economic growth of the Town. This position will perform a variety of strategic, administrative, technical and professional duties related to the timely delivery of economic development initiatives. Areas of economic development include: business retention and expansion, business recruitment, downtown revitalization, marketing, website content, and grant acquisition.
The Manager reports to the Town Manager with guidance offered from the Town Council and CEDA.
In collaboration with town staff, Town Council and CEDA, this part time position will address as many of the following tasks as possible:
- Administers and manages the Town’s economic development initiatives, maintaining respect for community plan, zoning and CEDA goals.
- Attends CEDA meetings and works closely with members on planning to address needs and implement strategies as described in the Centreville Economic Development Plan.
- Leads implementation of the Town Economic Development plan including metrics to assess performance.
- Fosters “business friendly” assistance and incentive program.
- Builds town collaborative partnerships, and fosters new and existing stakeholder relationships.
- Gathers appropriate data to respond to requests for information for economic development purposes.
- Assists the Main Street Manager in marketing for existing businesses and vacant commercial spaces.
- Maintains a catalog of and commitment to existing businesses to assess their needs; creates and implements of manageable action strategy for the purpose of retaining those businesses.
- Assists in budget development and management including fundraising, loans & grants.
- Works with the Zoning Administrator and Centreville Planning Commission to address zoning and ordinance requirements for successful business development.
- Participates as necessary in meetings of Queen Anne’s County Economic Development Department; Queen Anne’s County Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Town’s Economic Development plans and for the community.
- Builds common ground and consensus about the future direction of Centreville Economic Development Initiatives.
- Highly motivated, self-starting team player, able to manage time well and delegate where appropriate to interact with all levels of government and the business community.
- Effectively deliver presentations, proposals, reports; possesses strong public, group, and one-on-one communication skills.
- Listens and considers diverse ideas and opinions from all constituents.
- Acts in a collaborative manner in a variety of situations.
- Action-oriented professional who seeks information from and works effectively with people of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and industries.
- Integrity and strong service orientation.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify new solutions while adhering to the direction of the Town Plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s degree a plus, from an accredited institution in marketing, business or government administration, political science, law, planning, or similar/related field. CEcD certification is a plus. Prior experience and demonstrated achievement in economic development or related field. Strong understanding of finance, public incentive programs, and capital investment considerations. Independence with technology – presentations, online communication, social media where deemed appropriate. Emerging or strong data management skills, inclusive of simple surveys, data collection, simple spreadsheet skills. Demonstrated experience with marketing and communication also a plus. Able to have flexibility in schedule to work days, occasional evenings and weekends.
This part-time contractual position is expected to work a minimum of two days per week with a starting date of July 1. Individuals or firms interested in the Economic Development Manager position shall submit a resume’ describing experience and qualifications and a proposal for the hours per week committing to the position with an hourly compensation rate. Please submit resume’ and proposal to Krystel Ebaugh, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Lawyers Row, Centreville, MD 21617 by 4:00 pm, Tuesday June 13. Any additional questions please contact Krystel Ebaugh at (410) 758-1180.
The Town of Centreville is seeking applicants for the position of Finance Officer. This is an appointed management position in the Town of Centreville. An appointee in this class shall serve at the pleasure of the Town Council under the direct supervision of the Town Manager and shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the Town.
Minimum Experience, Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. At least seven (7) years of experience with at least three (3) years involving management of governmental finance and budgeting. OR Any equivalent combination of education and extensive working knowledge of governmental accounting, budgeting, and management. Salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Possession of a valid license as a Certified Public Accountant. Municipal government experience.
The salary range is $70,323.92 – 118,623.87. Application and job description are available at the Centreville Town Hall, 101 Lawyer’s Row, Centreville, Maryland (410-758-1180). Applications and resumes should be submitted to the Town Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 30, 2017 or until position is filled.
The Town of Centreville is currently recruiting for a Water/Wastewater Operator to operate and maintain the water and wastewater treatment facilities, water distribution system and sewage collection systems under the direction of the Water/Wastewater Operations Supervisor for the Town of Centreville.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: controlling flow and adjusting treatment processes to ensure that the system achieves compliance with applicable environmental permits; monitoring and documenting system performance by reviewing the results of sampling, in-plant tests, operational control tests, process calculations and technical data; work as necessary to assure smooth operation of treatment facilities, including Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and evenings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Zero to six months experience in the operations and maintenance of water treatment facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater pump stations, wastewater collection systems and water distribution system. This position requires a valid Maryland Driver’s License, the ability to pass a Dept. of Transportation physical exam, and ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for certain qualifications.
Applicants should submit an application via email to email@example.com, by fax 410-758-4741 or mail to 101 Lawyers Row, Centreville, MD 21617. Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 2, 2017 or until the position is filled. For further information, please contact Krystel Ebaugh, Human Resources Manager 410-758-1180. EOE
The Centreville, MD. Police Department is recruiting to fill a current vacancy for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. Maryland Police Training Standards Commission (MPTSC) Certification is desired, although applicants without experience are also encouraged to apply. The Town offers an excellent benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Vision Insurance;
- State of Maryland Retirement;
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave;
- Paid Holidays;
- Uniform Cleaning Allowance;
- Take-Home Patrol Vehicle Program
The starting pay shall be commensurate with experience.
The Centreville Police Department recruits for this position year-round to ensure a pool of qualified applicants. Applications can be located on the Town of Centreville Website or may be obtained in person at the Centreville Police Department. Interested applicants should complete the Centreville Police Department Employment Application Centreville Police Department Employment Application and submit it, either in person or via US Mail to the Centreville Police Department, 420 North Commerce Street, Centreville, MD. 21617, 410-758-8437.
Applicants for positions listed above should submit a Town of Centreville Employment Application, resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax or mail to the address above. Please specify the position. Applicants will also need to submit a copy of their driver’s license and driver’s history record which is available at the MVA. Any incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applications will be held on file for one year and will be reviewed as they are received until the positions are filled.
The Town of Centreville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.