Trash and recycling are picked up every Wednesday morning beginning at 6:00 a.m. by Chesapeake Waste. Please have trash and recycle out at the curb prior to 6:00 a.m. as routes may change from week to week pick-up times may vary.
Yard waste is picked up every Monday beginning at 6:00 a.m. and is collected by Downs Lawn Service.
Please remember the following for household garbage:
- No more than 6 cans/carts per household will be picked up.
- All cans/carts must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, but no earlier than 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- All garbage must be in bags, inside of cans or carts and have a SECURED LID.
Lids Required for Trash Cans
The Town of Centreville has received complaints regarding the smell of garbage trucks due to the water being released from the truck during transport. Chesapeake Waste has taken measures to seal their trucks to help remedy this issue however, has asked that citizens ensure lids are properly placed on all garbage cans. This will reduce the amount of water emptied into the trucks and help eliminate additional water being released from the trucks during transport causing the unpleasant smells.
Any concerns regarding trash and recycle such as missed trash or recycle pick-ups should be directed to Chesapeake Waste by calling 410-742-0099. If your issue is not resolved or you have any other questions, as always, please feel free to call Town Hall at 410-758-1180.
- Customers may place as many recycle containers at the curb as necessary.
- All containers must have a SECURED LID.
- Additional containers used for recycling must have the word “RECYCLE” printed on them, or a large “X” on the container and a secured lid.
- All recycling is to be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, but no earlier than 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- Queen Anne’s County also provides recycling dumpsters on Banjo Lane at the Health Department parking lot.
- Each customer will receive one (1) recycling cart.
- Every cart will have a unique serial number corresponding to the address for pick-up. You are responsible for this cart. If it breaks or is damaged, please contact Town Hall, as there is a warranty.
- We will continue to operate on a ‘single stream’ recycling policy.
Items to recycle:
- Glass jars and bottles with lids removed.
- Plastic jugs and bottles with caps removed.
- Aluminum and steel cans, not crushed or flattened.
- Corrugated card board and paper board boxes, flattened.
- Office papers, newspapers, phone books, paperback books, magazines, catalogs, cards, mail.
Yard waste is collected by Downes Lawn Service. The last day for yard waste pick-up will be Monday, December 11, 2017.
Yard waste pick-up will resume again on Monday, March 19, 2018 and will continue each Monday until December 10, 2018.