Are there requirements for sidewalks and yards?
Yes. Centreville’s Code of Ordinances requires that property owners maintain yards and sidewalks as follows:
- Property within the Town shall be kept free of weeds, grass and/or other unhealthy vegetative growth that exceeds 12 inches in height.
- Sidewalks shall be kept in good repair in accordance with Town standards.
- Property owners shall keep sidewalks free of weeds, trash, debris, snow, and ice.
The Town of Centreville has contracted with Chesapeake Waste Industries, LLC for the weekly collection of Recycle and Household trash.
Please remember the following for household garbage:
- No more than 6 cans/carts per household will be picked up.
- All cans/carts must be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, but no earlier than 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- All must be in bags, inside of cans or carts and have a SECURED LID. Items not inside of cans or carts will not be collected.
Please contact Chesapeake Waste Industries if you experience any problems with service. They may be reached by calling 410-742-0099 or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trees, limbs or branches should be placed curbside (not in the roadway) by 6AM Mondays. The Town has contracted with Downes Lawn Service for yard waste collection that will take place from March 21, 2016 through December 12, 2016 (intending to be a 9-month collection season). Please note: Yard waste will not be picked up between December 21, 2018 through March 17, 2017. Yard waste pick up will resume on Monday, March 18, 2019.
Branches may not be longer than 3 feet and logs and bundles of branches may not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Leaves and grass clippings should be placed in boxes, cans, baskets or bags.
Bulk waste, appliances, and tires will NO LONGER be collected by the Town after February 1, 2016. These items may e taken to the Queen Anne’s transfer site located at 401 Harper Road, Centreville, MD 21617 using the applicable number of tickets from a coupon book required for disposal.
Construction debris from building renovation or repair shall be removed by the contractor, builder, or property owner. The Town will not collect construction debris.
The Town will NO LONGER rent town trucks items may e taken to the Queen Anne’s transfer site located at 401 Harper Road, Centreville, MD 21617 using the applicable number of tickets from a coupon book required for disposal.
The Town of Centreville has contracted with Chesapeake Waste Industries, LLC for the weekly collection of recycling.
The Town has purchased 32-gallon recycle carts, that will replace the current 18-gallon green totes, will remain the property of the Town of Centreville and are only to be used for recycling. Additional containers may be used but are required to have a secure lid.
Please note: items placed in the old green totes will no longer be collected.
- Collection will be on Wednesdays.
- Customers may place as many recycle containers at the curb as necessary.
- All containers must have a SECURED LID.
- Additional containers used for recycling must have the word “RECYCLE” printed on them, or a large “X” on the container and a secured lid.
- Queen Anne’s County also provides recycling dumpsters on Banjo Lane at the Health Department parking lot.
- Every cart will have a unique serial number corresponding to the address for pick-up. You are responsible for this cart. If it breaks or is damaged, please contact Town Hall, as there is a warranty.
Items to recycle:
- Glass jars and bottles with lids removed.
- Plastic jugs and bottles with caps removed.
- Aluminum and steel cans, not crushed or flattened.
- Corrugated card board and paper board boxes, flattened.
- Office papers, newspapers, phone books, paperback books, magazines, catalogs, cards, mail.
Items NOT collected: ceramics, window glass, mirrors, light bulbs (recycle fluorescent and CFL bulbs where you purchased them), plastic bags (recycled at your grocery store) and styrofoam.
Additional recycling information can be found at http://www.midshorerecycling.org/
The Centreville Town Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at 7:00 p.m. at the Liberty Building, 107 North Liberty Street, 2nd Floor, Commissioners Meeting Room. Check the Calendar for more specific information about Council meeting times and dates. Meetings are open to the public. Citizens may request to appear before the Council upon submission of a written request to be added to the agenda. Public comments are welcome during the “Citizens Comments” section of the agenda.
Yes. They are found in Chapter 88 of the Town Code